Home About Policies Reviews Features

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tune In Tuesday [7]: Gone Playlist (T.R.E.O.S)

A weekly feature hosted by GReads that showcases music. Book Playlists Edition is basically whatever songs you relate to a book or an author's actual playlist.


In the blink of an eye. Everyone disappears. GONE.
Except for the young. Teens. Middle schoolers. Toddlers. But not one single adult. No teachers, no cops, no doctors, no parents. Just as suddenly, there are no phones, no internet, no television. No way to get help. And no way to figure out what's happened.
Hunger threatens. Bullies rule. A sinister creature lurks. Animals are mutating. And the teens themselves are changing, developing new talents—unimaginable, dangerous, deadly powers—that grow stronger by the day.
It's a terrifying new world. Sides are being chosen, a fight is shaping up. Townies against rich kids. Bullies against the weak. Powerful against powerless. And time is running out: On your birthday, you disappear just like everyone else... (summary from Goodreads)

This week, I'm featuring the Gone series by Michael Grant. I absolutely LOVE this series! But maybe love isn't the right word. I admire it. I admire the characters. I admire the way Grant has written this.

I think it's the question: would I survive if I was put in a situation like this? If I was thrown into a world like this, would I hide away and hope for the best or would I stand up and do something?

And as I read further into this series, I begin to learn and know the characters. I admire Sam's courage, Astrid's rights, everyone's determination to make. it. through. The struggles that these kids (MY AGE!) go through is incredible and it's overwhelming how much they must struggle without the guidance of parents and adults. But it's like, hey, we COULD survive. We're not all that dumb-witted, idiotic, but if we were forced to, we CAN step up. Reading this series really makes me appreciate the adult figures I have in my life, because I can't imagine growing up without them.

So the song that I relate to this series, is:
This Armistice - The Receiving End Of Sirens (467 plays)
(It's probably because I was listening to it as I was reading Hunger - the second novel - whilst skipping English class... shhhh!)
And these lyrics:
We're all puppets, we're all marionettes.
Tell me who's pulling the strings.
We're all puppets, we're all marionettes.
Tell me who's that you move for.
If you've read part of the series, you'll understand the relevance. It's that dark, evil source that's corrupting minds and constantly 'hungry'. The concept is eerie, but I love it.

Other songs in my Gone Playlist:

Other songs to check out by TREOS: 


What's your playlist of the week? Link me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment