Home About Policies Reviews Features

Saturday, June 2, 2012

|Adult Review| Ride with Me by Ruthie Knox

Title: Ride with Me
Author: Ruthie Knox
Published: February 13th 2012 by Loveswept
Genre: Adult contemporary romance, roadtrip
Rating: ♥
Ride with Me
Goodreads summary:
When Lexie Marshall places an ad for a cycling companion, she hopes to find someone friendly and fun to cross the TransAmerica Trail with. Instead, she gets Tom Geiger—a lean, sexy loner whose bad attitude threatens to spoil the adventure she’s spent years planning.

Roped into the cycling equivalent of a blind date by his sister, Tom doesn’t want to ride with a chatty, go-by-the-map kind of woman, and he certainly doesn’t want to want her. Too bad the sight of Lexie with a bike between her thighs really turns his crank.

Even Tom’s stubborn determination to keep Lexie at a distance can’t stop a kiss from leading to endless nights of hotter-than-hot sex. But when the wild ride ends, where will they go next?
Racquel's thoughts:
I read the excerpt of Ruthie Knox's About Last Night and fell in love with it but sadly, it does not come out until June 11th so I checked out her other books and turns out I had Ride with Me added and I decided why not read it now as I wait for About Last Night.

What made me fall in love with About Last Night excerpt is how in 20 pages only, I laughed out loud at least 3 times and well, same thing goes for Ride with Me!

Lexie and Tom are so day and night, that makes their conversations hysterical since they're usually fighting and Tom, who's a complete 100% hermit crab loner, was so awkward around other people I couldn't help but laugh at his actions and thoughts. But I also enjoyed seeing how Lexie brought him out of his shell and and made him interact with people again- and also hate humanity slightly less. Tom himself also helped Lexie become a little loose and learn how to have fun instead of being a by-the-book girl. That's what I loved about the romance and what made it so epic, Tom and Lexie brought out the worst yet best in each other and they're completely perfect for each other. Reading about them and their TransAm bike trail journey was tons and tons of fun.

The only reason I didn't give this book 5 hearts even though I loved it so much is because I felt it ended too abruptly. My kindle was showing I still had 15% left but turns out it was all acknowledgment and other book excerpts so when I flipped the page and it said "acknowledgment" I literally went WHAT THE HECK?! I couldn't believe the book ending because it was way, way too fast. An epilogue would have been so beyond satisfying! But besides that Ride with Me was fun, hot and really enjoyable. Ruthie Knox is on my author radar!!

Rating: 4 hearts~ another great hit in the contemporary romance genre! Ruthie Knox didn't let me down.
First:
COMPANION WANTED.
 Favorite:
“Taryn, I’m thirty-five, single, tattooed, and antisocial. I’m the serial killer.” 
Teaser: 
"I told you, I used to be charming."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment