Home About Policies Reviews Features

Monday, June 11, 2012

|Adult Review| About Last Night by Ruthie Knox

Title: About Last Night
Author: Ruthie Knox
Published June 11th 2012 by Random House Publishing Group
Genre: contemporary romance
Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♡ 
Goodreads summary:
Sure, opposites attract, but in this sexy, smart, eBook original romance from Ruthie Knox, they positively combust! When a buttoned-up banker falls for a bad girl, “about last night” is just the beginning.

Cath Talarico knows a mistake when she makes it, and God knows she’s made her share. So many, in fact, that this Chicago girl knows London is her last, best shot at starting over. But bad habits are hard to break, and soon Cath finds herself back where she has vowed never to go . . . in the bed of a man who is all kinds of wrong: too rich, too classy, too uptight for a free-spirited troublemaker like her.
 
Nev Chamberlain feels trapped and miserable in his family’s banking empire. But beneath his pinstripes is an artist and bohemian struggling to break free and lose control. Mary Catherine—even her name turns him on—with her tattoos, her secrets, and her gamine, sex-starved body, unleashes all kinds of fantasies.
 
When blue blood mixes with bad blood, can a couple that is definitely wrong for each other ever be perfectly right? And with a little luck and a lot of love, can they make last night last a lifetime?
Racquel's thoughts:
I fell in love with About Last Night after I read an excerpt at Val's blog and since the book wasn't released, I settled for reading Ruthie Knox's debut, Ride With Me, which was absolutely great so when I got the chance to get a review copy of About Last Night I was so excastic and it did NOT disappoint! Ruthie Knox is just an all around fantastic addition to the contemporary romance genre.

To begin with, About Last Night's cast of characters are not recycled, the writing is definitely Ruthie Knox but I love how her new hero and heroine are brand new people. Some author's plot and characters are polished, recycled version of their old main characters but not with Ruthie Knox! City AKA Nev and Cath are brand new, delightful voices from Rutie Knox and I love their story as much as I love Tom's & Alexis from Ride With Me!

The book takes takes place in London and I loved that! I used to visit every summer break but I haven't been to London in over 7 years so it was nice revisiting the city through the book and I think Ruthie captured it's essence very well. Also, just reading a book sit outside of the U.S. is nice, who doesn't like to experience a new culture?!

Our hero and heroines are also delightful!! Cath is not your average clean cut, angel heroine. Her family is a well-known Chicago mafia family (my kind of girl!) and she's all about the tattoos! I loved Cath's personality, it made me her more enjoyable. She has a past and it's bad one and she done a lot of things she regrets but I absolutely know she was a good person and that's all that matters. I also liked the fact that Cath's past wasn't dumped at us. Well actually, it WAS dumped at us (thanks Nev) but it didn't happen from page one. You know Cath went through a lot of bad things but those things are not revealed until much later in the book. This made me read and devour the book faster, I was just waiting to know what happened and it was a nice tactic.

At the opposite end of the spectrum we have who Cath calls City. Who in reality is Nev Chamberlain, banker by day, artist by night and possibly the sweetest man I read about.
"The towel on the tub was for her. A clean towel and a toothbrush, and he hadn't even gotten in her pants. What a guy."
Now, who doesn't already love Nev? (especially after drooling over the cover. YUM!) Cath and City think think they're the worst match in history but really they couldn't be more well paired. Nev understood Cath more than anybody ever could and he slowly but surely drew her out of I'm-done-with-love mentality and seeing Cath opened up to Nev was a absolutely wonderful. It just made the sexy romance so sweet. The book was all Cath and Nev and even then I couldn't get enough of them. You could really see them falling in love and opening up to each other and it couldn't have been better. So of course adored this romance story beyond words and  it's one of my favorites of the year. Ruthie Knox is an author I have my eye on!!

Rating: 4.5 hearts~ yet another hit from Ruthie Knox! A definite must read for romance fans.

First:
The Pigeon Man was uasually here by now.
Favorite:
An orgasm- just for her- ad a compliment. She would bottle him and sill him and make a fortune.
Teaser:
They has routines now, after three weeks of this whatevership of theirs.
Some great interviews from Ruthie that I HIGHLY suggest you check out!
Spilling Secrets With Ruthie Knox
Interview @ Seduced By A Book


No comments:

Post a Comment