Home About Policies Reviews Features

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tune In Tuesday [15]: Of Monsters & Men

A weekly feature hosted by GReads that showcases music.
It was thanks to this lovely feature that I found this spectacular band! So THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU KATE FROM KATE'S TALE OF BOOKS AND BANDS! Click here to read her Tune In Tuesday post :)

And because she's already featured Yellow Light, King & Lionheart, Love Love Love, Little Talks, Here are some of my other favourites.
Dirty Paws

Jumping up and down the floor,
My head is an animal.
And once there was an animal,
It had a son that mowed the lawn.
The son was an ok guy,
They had a pet dragonfly.
The dragonfly it ran away,
But it came back with a story to say.

Her dirty paws and furry coat,

She ran down the forest slope.
The forest of talking trees,
They used to sing about the birds and the bees.
The bees had declared a war,
The sky wasn't be enough for them all.
The birds, they got help from below,
From dirty paws and the creatures of snow.

And for a while things were cold,

They were scared down in their holes.
The forest that once was green
Was colored black by those killing machines.
But she and her furry friends
Took down the queen bee and her men.
And that's how the story goes,
The story of the beast with those four dirty paws.
Six Weeks

Slow, slow me down,
Her blood, on my bones.
Let go, lay to rest.

We fall, we fall, we fall,

We fall to the ground.

Sleep, sleep all night

While the young, they wait alone.
Get up, shake the rust.
We crawl, we crawl, we crawl,
We crawl on the ground.

Alone, I fight these animals.

Alone, until I get home.

A wolf, wolf and I,

We share the same cold meal.
I float on, float on down .
We ride, we ride, we ride
We ride it all out.

Coming back, I'm coming back.

She follows me into the woods,
Takes me home.
Link me your Tune In Tuesdays :D

No comments:

Post a Comment