Home About Policies Reviews Features

Monday, February 4, 2013

Be Good to Me: Best Month of the Year Edition


So Racquel here has been counting down for February for a few months now because:

A) NEW LISA KLEYPAS BOOK!
If you don't know anything about me, you should know that Lisa Kleypas is my favorite author and I cannot wait to get my hands on . I'm staying up and waiting for it deliver on my Kindle on the 5th and I'm not going to sleep that night even though I do have school. I don't give up sleep for anything/anybody!

 
I'm set for few days with this 1 quart. 




























































B) LOVE POTION #31 IS BACK! 
Love Potion #31 is a February exclusive Ice Cream at Baskin Robbins and it's my favorite ice cream evaaar. I don't need to eat it everyday or every week but I started craving it around October and I'm one of those people who once they crave something, I won't get over it until I eat it.

C) MAC'S ARCHIE'S GIRLS COLLECTION IS OUT! 

I'm definitely a Veronica (:
If you don't know anything about me, you should know that besides books (and besides the fact that Lisa Kleypas is my favorite author), I love make-up. Love it. Love it. Love it. Love it. MAC comes out with new collections frequently but I always resist because otherwise I would be beyond broke and I could usually find even better quality make-up for less money buuuut because of Archie's Girls super cute packaging and my resistance reaching it's limit, I caved and decided that being broke is not a problem if I could get my hands on this collection. My products are being delivered on the 5th. I'll be reading in the morning, and playing with my new cosmetics in the afternoon. Y'all, I might not survive this. That is way too much happiness for me to handle.
Here's what we posted in January: (in reverse order)
Books read:
1. Giving It Up by Amber Lin C+
2. Blue-Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas A++++  (reread)
3. The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler A
4. The Edge of Never by J. A. Redmerski D+
5. Save the Date by Jenny B. Jones A
6. The Raven Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt B
7. Just One of the Guys by Kristan Higgins B+
8. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta unrated
9. The Duke And I by Julia Quinn B-
10. The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn C
11. Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia Quinn C+
12. To Sir Phillip, With Love by Julia Quinn B-
13. When He Was Wicked by Julia Quinn C
Favorites of January:
-Giving It Up by Amber Lin
This is a dark erotic romance and it is DARK for real. I know I only gave it C+ but it's great. I'm definitely going to reread it in the future and I cannot wait for the companion novel, which will be out February 26th.
-Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta 
I read this along with Sharon and it was tons of fun freaking out about it over texts since it's quite confusing and I needed a support of another with me. But alas, it's Melina Marchetta so of course it's a great story! 
-Bridgertons Series by Julia Quinn
This is my new obsession. I started The Duke And I- the first in the series, and I. Could. Not. Stop. I HAD to devour them one after the other. My favorite so far is To Sir Phillip, With Love. I still have the last two books left to read but I'm holding off because it's going to be sad when I finish! 
Some books I'm looking forward to this month:
Here's to a great month! I can't believe it's 2013 let alone FEBRUARY. I'm getting closer to graduation!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment